- Technical Tour Information
- Home > Accommodation & Tour > Technical Tour Information
If you are interested in visit any research institute from below, reservation in advance is needed due to security reasons. Please be informed that the registered participants of IUMRS-ICEM 2018 only can apply for the tour.
Reservation Deadline: August 10th, 2018 (Friday)
- Each Course will cost $30 each.
- Bus will depart from the venue at 13:30 from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Courses will take about 4 hours, and the bus will come back to the venue after the tour.
- For security reason, we have ask for copy of passport for foreigners. Your cooperation and understanding would be really appreciated.
* Limited number of people can participated in the tour. The tour reservation is first come-first served basis.
Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science
As a government-funded research institute, KRISS has provided the foundation for the advancement of science and technology through the establishment of national measurement standards, R&D of measurement technologies, and dissemination of national measurement standards. KRISS has contributed to stronger development of national S&T, higher national industrial competitiveness and a better quality of life for the people.
Korea Aerospace Research Institute
KARI is contributing to solid development of the national economy and enhancement of national life through a new exploration and technological advancements, development, and dissemination in the field of aerospace science and technology.
- Research & development in systems and core technology for aircraft, satellites and space launch vehicles.
- Support development of national aerospace policies, Supply, distribution and dissemination of information regarding aerospace technology.
- Joint utilization of test and assessment facilities with the industry, academy and research institutes, Support collaboration with aerospace related small and medium companies and the commercialization of technology.
- R&D cooperation and technical outsourcing activities with the government, private sector, corporate bodies and other groups, Training of professional human resources in the major mission fields.
Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology
Through research and development in chemistry and related convergence areas, KRICT strengthens the nation’s competitiveness in the chemical industry, and contributes to solving national and social problems by providing public chemical infrastructure.
Research Divisions: Carbon Resources Institute, Advanced Materials Div., Bio & Drug Discovery Div., Convergent Chemistry Div., Chemical Infrastructure Div., Center for Convergent Chemical Process, Center for Convergent Research of Emerging Virus Infection
Korea Institute of Energy Research
KIER's R&D areas include improving efficiency and securing environment-friendly way in use of limited conventional energy resources such as oil, coal as well as natural gas and exploring new energy sources such as solar, wind and water as well as its commercialization.
The KIER also strives towards technology transfer which can be reflected in successful commercialization of our remarkable R&D outcomes by means of industrialization of excellent intellectual property rights, enlarging its R&D activity in bottleneck technology based on small and medium sized enterprises, and communicating actively with markets through "1 researcher to 1 enterprise" technique guidance.
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute
KAERI has produced remarkable achievements during its 58-year history of nuclear energy development. Such achievements include the self-reliance of the NSSS system design of Korean Standard Nuclear Power Plants, the localization of both CANDU and PWR fuels, the indigenous design of the HANARO research reactor, signing MOU with Saudi Arabia to strengthen partnership in SMART reactor technology and human capacity building in nuclear sector and the successful completion of the Jordan Research and Training Reactor (JRTR) construction project.
Korea Electric Power Corporation Nuclear Fuel
As a representative public atomic energy company, KEPCO NF performs high-level reactor core design, nuclear fuel fabrication, safety analysis and related services. In many ways, KEPCO NF has been pursuing opportunities for upgrading and expansion to global markets developing patented nuclear fuel and design code. KEPCO NF has been supplying the nuclear fuels to all the nuclear power plants in Korea, both PWR and PHWR, based on the experience of localization and accumulated technology. In addition, KEPCO NF has been constantly exporting primary components of nuclear fuel and service equipments, and also started supplying the nuclear fuels to Barakah nuclear power plants in UAE since 2017.